From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Krazy Horse
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2004 7:27 PM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: O2 Sensor Question

I have two broken exhaust studs on the #1 cylnder. There is a obvious
exhaust leak and my Golf is starting to run worse and worse. I have
traced
(I'm pretty sure) the problem to the O2 sensor getting a faulty reading
from
the leak and it is throwing off the A/F mix. I know it's a bad idea to
unplug the sensor, however, since I will have to pull the head to fix
the
problem, will it be okay to unplug the damn thing, or will that make my
problems worse?

-Craig
"Nightmare" '88 16v (PG-T Proj.)
"Calypso" '91 Golf GL (Daily Driver)