Header HELP!

You should always put gaskets there. If for some reason your header inlets are larger than the head outlets, you can dremel the gaskets.

HTH, JT

Jason Rinne <rinne_jason@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hey All,

Got a 4into1 header that I'm usin from a parts car. Do these need gaskets or
no? I've had trouble with exhaust leaks at the head and I have a standard
set of exhaust manifold gaskets with new header bolt/nuts. The header
appears to be solid with no cracks. The ends of the primary tubes at the
head are set out of the flange a tiny bit, does this make them mate up flush
with the ports on the head and no gasket is needed? I'm a bit frustrated and
may go back to a dual manifold/downpipe if I can't get rid of this noise!

Thanks
Jason Rinne