Preferred Transaxle for 2.0l conversion?

As always I sorta have to disagree with Jeff  ;-)

Completely stock is AGB or 2Y depending on the year... basically the same
gear but a slightly different case that uses a different reverse switch. No
matter what you choose you will find 5'th to be toooooo short. My
recommendation is stay with the AGB/2Y and replace 5'th with a 0.80'ish
gear. I'm still running an AGB in my 2.0 16V and belive me it's got plenty
of life... plenty  :-)

-Raffi