Inspecting a Quaife?

No real way to inspect a quaife...but they're made of adamantium, so there is very little chance that there is anything wrong with it even if it has been installed. It's probably the only part you can install in a VW and never have to worry about it again. If it makes you feel better, I bought a quaife and didn't bother sending the warranty card in.

It's more important that you get a warranty/guarantee from whoever installs it in the tranny.

my $0.02

Jeff Toomasson <jtoomasson@yahoo.com> wrote:
I found someone who's trying to get rid of a bunch of VW performance gear (not much roc stuff unfortunately... :( Anyway, among these items is a quaife that's supposedly NIB. Are there certain things I should look for to make sure it's legit and in good working order?

Moreover, is it worth it to even buy one from anyone other than the factory? (with regards to the lifetime warranty and such).

Thanks! jeff