Inspecting a Quaife?

I found someone who's trying to get rid of a bunch of VW performance gear (not much roc stuff unfortunately...  :(   Anyway, among these items is a quaife that's supposedly NIB. Are there certain things I should look for to make sure it's legit and in good working order?

Moreover, is it worth it to even buy one from anyone other than the factory?  (with regards to the lifetime warranty and such).

Thanks!  jeff