  From: peter
  To: 'Carlos Alves'
  Cc: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 9:27 AM
  Subject: RE: 16V WOES ... HELP!!

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Carlos Alves [mailto:alves@email.unc.edu]
  Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 12:06 PM
  To: peter@thescirocco.com; peter
  Cc: 'Carlos Alves'; scirocco-l@scirocco.org

  I think you are definetley on to something. When I swapped out my fuel
  filter yesterday, the gas was cloudy and gray, which led me to believe
  it was rust in the tank.

  Ding, ding, we have a winner!!!

  I would be interestedi n buying your old fuel distributor, let me know
  how much yo uwant for it and we can work something out.

  $60 including Fedex Ground, but you really don't need it, and I don't
  mind having a backup... ;)

  About the transfer pump, where can i get the proper clamps, and the
  short peice of fuel hose to replace the original one?

  Any local parts store would sell it, I use the regular small hose
  clamps, and the best fuel injection hose I can find. The clamps that are
  on there are the crimp on one time use ones, and the short hose is
  usually starting to deteriorate...

  Make sure you get a Pierburg fuel pump... Stay away from VDO, which is
  usually stock.

  Thanks a lot

  No problem...

  Peter