Doug Teulie

And the Silver Rocco in the Back of the Garage on the lift in that picture now belongs to me!!!  It has recieved a new head gasket some TLC, but still needs some work to pass the Dreaded California Emissions for the last time.  However I do have a nice shiny new set of Koni Shocks and Ground Control coilovers to put on as soon as it passes emissions.

Matthew Kogan
1976 Rocco  (Carburated!!!!!)

Kevin Collins <kcollins1@socal.rr.com> wrote:
T. Reed wrote:

> The last I heard of Doug was that some ***kheads lit his Mk1 on fire; but
> if I remember right he departed the list before that. Did he have a kid or
> something?

I see Doug all the time. He doesn't have a computer at home and isn't
able to grab the list at work, so he's been off the list for quite some
time now. No kids yet. The burnt Mk1 is long gone, he now has another
one that he bought in incredibly straight condition, then had a paint
job laid on it that makes my $3k paint look like an Earl Scheib job..
..and that's just his dedicated auto-x car! Still has his super-clean
16v. I *think* he's down to just the race car and the 16v - no more 4-5
'rocs lying around.

Doug will be at the ND show in May I'm quite sure. Some of you guys
from the east coast and other points out of town should consider coming
out, as Daun, Jim & Ben did about 4 years ago, and Dirk & co. did all
the way from Germany the following year. Last year's show was one of
the best yet. This year they're adding BMW's (eek) but it's always a
fun gig.

Here's the new race car just before it was road-worthy.. you'll get an
idea about how awesome the paint is from this shot..

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA