Combo Posting

> > I found this on Bildon Motorsports website.
> >
> >       VW Motorsport CIS Unit B 438 122 028 $229.95
>

> What is the unit and what are you trying to do/change?
>
> gd

I asked this because simply adding more fuel will not make more hp unless
there isn't enough fuel there now.  CIS isn't that exact of a fuel
injection, so simply changing things may or may not show a huge increase or
decrease.  Why did VW Motorsport make the item?  For a ported & polished,
bored & stroked 1.8 with radical camshafts on a car that had a powerband
from 6000rpm to 8000rpm?  Or was it designed for a mostly stock motor with a
mild cam, inerested in more precise fuel delivery or what?

Lots of times in motorcycles, people keep trying to throw more fuel at
things thinking it will make more hp.  I would ask what your mixture is now
and if you have ever had lean stuttering or anything like that.  I don't
doubt it could add power, I just doubt it is a simple "bolt this onto your
motor and get 10hp" type of thing.  Those simple type of things are pretty
rare.

my $.02

gd