leaky scirocco?

Definitely sounds like the windshield. Try lifting up your windshield seal
(get your thumb between the metal and the seal) and taking a peek,
especially at the top corners. The seal tends to shrink back there,
creating a channel inside the seal that water flows down then leaks
out invisibly behind the dash. I could have fit a couple of marbles
in the air gap that was there at the corner of mine.

The cheap fix is to fill the void with black silicone sealant (such as the
permatex stuff) and wipe if off cleanly so it won't be visible. You want
to get the inside of the seal as dry as possible before doing this,
however. And you might have to do it twice to get it to seal real good.

If you're rich, pay someone to pull your windshield and install a new
$160 seal.

IME, the seal never (or at least rarely) leaks between the glass and the
seal. It's almost certainly leaking between the metal and the seal.

Get it fixed before it fills up your fusebox and shorts stuff out while
corroding your relays and wiring.

-Toby