From: Dan Bubb [mailto:jdbubb@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 9:31 AM
To: Patrick Bureau; Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Re: [TECH] Need Spec on 1.7L Engine

I'm pretty sure the 1.7 and 1.6 rods are the same.
If that is true then using the 1.6 pistons with the 1.7 crank will result in
the pistons sticking out the top of the block 3.2mm.
The longer stroke of the 1.7 is accomodated by moving the piston pin higher
in the piston, so the
1.6 pistons won't work.
Dan