Back on the list

Hey there listers!

After a brief  oh, say 6 *year* absence, I'm back on the list!

For those that don't remember me (which I'm sure is everyone), I was on
the list for the first half of 1998 or so.   These days I spend quite a
while in the archives, so in some ways it seems I never left.   Hmmm...
that's funny - the archives are blanked out for the time I was here...

I'm currently driving a black '86.5 16V with a 2.0L, TT sport SS header,
euro lights, ac/sunroof, eibach/boge, 4-pt subframe, short shift, 11"
Corrado brake adapters with SS lines, ATE "atom groove" rotors, and
metalmester pads, smoked euro turns, Pirelli P-Zeros on MSW 16" rims,
K&N Air.

Previous owner put pics on the  .org site, pg 6 on the 16V photos
section, last on first row, 1st and 2nd on second row, (with the hood
scoop).

It's my third Scirocco, previously owning 2 stock red 87 16V's...

I bought the car and had it shipped from CT to Portland, OR in 2001.  In
Jan. 2002 I got "sandwiched" at a stop on my way home from work.
Yeah that sucked.
I put the insurance money back into the car, and had it straightened,
put back together, and repainted. I've done my best to bring it back up
to something resembling "show quality", but its a challenge.... New
paint was nice, not perfect, East coast car with some minor rust issues,
some leaking at the taillight seals... etc..

Aside from regular maintenence, I plan to add a 16V adjustable cam
sprocket at my next timing belt change, and new motor mounts as well are
immediately needed.  And most critical of all, the dreaded A1 frame
crack at the front motor mounting point is, um, shall we say, worse than
bad right now...   Either from the wreck or regular wear and tear, I
don't know.   I have an A1 custom crossmember brace on order from  Eric
Scirocco81 to arrive in a couple weeks, which will have to be installed
over some kind of welded repair yet to be determined.

My Air/fuel ratio I think needs tuning, as well... when driving at a
constant speed, I feel an occasional "suck" of power, not too dissimilar
from the sensation of driving into a sudden gust of headwind on a breezy
day. Not strong, but just enough to notice. It is especially  noticeable
when in lower gears, and, even more so, when the engine is cold.  When
out of gear, when I rev the engine to say, 2500 to 3000 RPM, and hold
the pedal very still, the engine speed begins to fluctuate in a zone of
maybe plus and minus 250 RPMs, casually revving itself up and down
gently on its own.  An Autometer Air/Fuel ratio meter was installed by
PO, and lately has been reading consistenly lean.

Any thoughts?

Well,  it's good to be back!

- Camron from Vancouver, WA USA
    '86.5 Black 16V 2.0L