16v barely running,anyone got some advise?MORE ON THIS SUBJECT...

Well , I metered my coil , and it was reading around
3000 Ohms , I dont know what that means but It was
supposed to read 6500 to 8500 Ohms , so I replaced it
and drove the car over to New Dimensions to get the
distributor gasket I needed for this leak that is
developing , it seemed to run fine and made it there
fine , there was a pretty sick green Mk1 there with
those gun metal vw rims  , pretty nice , and some guy
was writeing a check to the salesman for 1800 bucks
for work on his Mk1 , they needed to special order the
gasket for me and the blowup on their computer was the
8v distributor , the mechanic had to look up the part
, drove the car home and it seemed ok   , after I get
that gasket I think she'll be rollin good again ,
thanks again Listers for all the info !! -Aaron