Oil pressure meter

I have a 1986 16v and the oil pressure dial in the center console must not be hooked up properly because as soon as I start the car, the needle slams all the way to the end. I followed the wire attached to the dial which was hooked into the fuse box but it was not associated with anything related to oil pressure. I'd like to simply run a wire directly off the engine. Can someone tell me where on the engine the hook-up might be.

thanks ahead of time for any help - Steve

The best thing to hit the Internet in years - NetZero HiSpeed!
Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
Only $14.95/ month -visit www.netzero.com to sign up today!