leak(s) found! how to fix?

The emblem holes all lead to an area of the hatch that drains outside.  At least mine works that way.

Larry
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Captnbr@aol.com
  To: scirocco-L@scirocco.org
  Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2004 7:08 AM
  Subject: Re: leak(s) found! how to fix?

  In a message dated 2/23/2004 4:47:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
  abatzis2@hotmail.com writes:
  <<<#2 and 3: both taillights. they seem to be leaking around the gasket. this
  is what's causing my trunk leak. i'm going to fix with silicone, but since
  they're a bit rough anyway, i'd prefer to replace. anyone got a pass side
  16v light?>>>

  I thought for years my tailights were leaking but could never fix it.  Turned
  out that all of the emblems on the hatch have holes behind them.  Check those
  out and seal them up too.

  Brian 86 16v
  98 Jetta Vr6