worrisome new noise=wheel bearings?

Jack the car up on that side and see if you can wiggle the wheel more
then you would be comfortable with (there will be some wiggle, but it
shouldn't hardly be anything at all).  If it has a decent ammount of
wiggle, chances are the bearing is shot.  Do check the axle nut as well
as it may have come loose allowing the wheel to wiggle and therefore
eating the bearing.

William