The 75 FINALLY comes home, and in style...

Well I'll try to get it done for Cincy, but now that I know that it's a
good candidate to put lots of time and money into I want to do it right
and take my time...

My plans (I'm sure they'll change as I get into it) include:

- strip it down even further
- build a rotisserie and sandblast the entire underside
- smooth the engine bay
- bodywork and paint (original color)
- add the "S" airdam
- Dynamat the entire interior
- new black carpet kit and carpet the hatch
- all black interior, including headliner
- Recaro seats (the stock 75 seats don't have much support)
- Neuspeed Sofsports (goal is to make it a nice driving car, solid and
sporty, but not harsh and not slammed)
- highly polished 15" Synchro Passat wheels (forget the name) to match
the "chrome" trim around all the windows and bumpers (working on a local
guy to sell me his wheels, if not the whole car :)
- transplant and detail the 2.0 ABA/JH engine, but with UltraMegasquirt
installed (when it's available)
- FF tranny, sporty but still comfortable highway ride
- upgrade shift linkage to later unit
- possible "S" dash swap, I have a mint one with no cracks (PO of the 75
put his own woodgrain stuff on it that I'm not too crazy about)
- tint the taillights all red (like I've done to every Mk1 I've owned)
I'll keep the original set if I ever change my mind.

Basically I want to keep it stock(ish) looking, but have decent
performance and ride.  This isn't going to be a boy-racer car, but not
bone stock either.  I won't do anything to it that I can't return to
stock (well except for the engine bay smoothing and underside work).  I
don't really want to hack into it to install the new rockers and rear
valance either, so I may keep those for another project down the road...

I want a car I can be proud of and show off at shows, without getting
all competitive about it.  I don't plan on ever selling this one - I've
been waiting for a car like this to come along for a LONG time.

Who knows, if it's not done by Cincy I might tow it down there behind
the beater to show it off...

Mark.
75
80 S