  From: Michael Abatzis
  To: Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 1:32 PM
  Subject: Re: Tires (was Rims)

  the es100's are great tires, and i think i paid 50-somthing apiece for them
  last year. they're real good in the rain, and have a pretty good tread
  rating (keep in mind that a lot of the cost for tires is install/balancing).
    i've got about 15k on mine now with maybe 1/3 tread left. not bad at all.
  they handle a lot like the old avs intermediates (maybe not *quite* as
  well), and are WAY better in the rain. a definite bargain.

  -Michael Abatzis
  New Orleans!
  1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP
  1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...