leak(s) found! how to fix?

> #4: windshield seal. as toby suggested, and confirmed today. i felt a drip
> drip on my foot today, and stuck a napkin beneath the bottom driver's corner
> of the windshield seal to diagnose. to actually see the leak otherwise you
> need to remove the dash.  this is causing my driver's side leak.  any tips
> on fixing this toby?

Yep, go buy a tube of black silicone sealant (I think I used Permatex)
from your FLAPS. Pry up the windshield seal with your fingers and with a
helper (you kinda need 3 or 4 hands to do everything), slowly inject the
sealant underneath the seal until it oozes out. Have your helper wipe it
up as best as possible. You can use (car) wax to easily remove the
film/excess after it dries.

(The corners should get a very liberal injection of the stuff.. they tend
to shrink up more than the rest of the seal and create a large void
inside.)

You want to do this when things are dry under the seal; which might mean
keeping the car dry for several days (weeks?) or trying to blot out as
much of the water stuck under the seal as possible with paper towels.

HTH

-Toby