16v barely running,anyone got some advise?MORE ON THISSUBJECT...

When you feel the car start to go bad, and you put your foot on the accell
will the car bog down?
Let up on the pedal will the car just idle?

If so, sounds more like the fuel pump. Either the transfer pump or the main
pump.
My car did this last summer. Ran well till warm then it would start to fail.
The car could barely start and idle.
And yes the plugs did get black.

Julie Macfarlane
1981 MKI 2L 16v