autobahn going the way of the dinosaur? attn: Dirk

Those are very good points.

In mown experience, I found the wall of air pushed by the faster cars to be
very slight. They are smaller than a semi and are passing you because they
not only have more power, but are also probably a lot cleaner
aerodynamically. On a NASCAR track with attendant curves, the influence
could be much different. That's outside my experience.

If semi passes you on the Autobahn, replace your sparkplugs. However,
that's a good move on drafting the semi.

My 86 US spec 8V would indicate 115MPH on level stretch, cruise control
engaged.
It would do 125MPH draftin a faster car or even just downhill on the
longest stretch I could find. (Hmm! I never  tried drafting downhill. Too
late now.)
A trick on the Autobahn is to let a friend draft you while you drive the
faster car, allowing him to ride in your low pressure area and gain as much
as 10MPH beyond what his car is capable of.

Then, pull right and watch him hit the wall of air. (Just kidding.)
There is a lot of trust out there when you do that sort of thing.
You can die very quickly and ruin a good car, but it is a joy to experience.