water, water, everywhere...

ugh. so after fixing my pass side door, and thinking that was my leak, i
come to my car after a couple days of rain and find the DRIVER'S side floor
soaked, front and back. pass side bone dry.  the door/sunroof drains i don't
think are the issue here. i've thought about a windshield leak, but a) it
was a LOT of water b) i would think pass side would get some water too c)
felt up around under the dash, didn't feel anything wet up there, and d) i'm
not ready to tear out my dash looking for leaks yet.  any other sources of
leaks? i looked under the plastic shield under the hood, and there was a bit
of water in the tray; the drains were clear, but there was still about
1/8-1/4" standing water in there. didn't know if this was normal. could this
be a source of leaks? the air intake/fan shroud both look like they would be
susceptable. any thoughts?

-Michael Abatzis
New Orleans!
1988 Scirocco 2L 16v RIP
1987 Scirocco 2L 16v...

Optimize your Internet experience to the max with the new MSN Premium
Internet Software. http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200359ave/direct/01/