Scirocco Cold Air Intake

This is designed to bolt on to the fuel metering plate housing in place of
the entire black plastic piece that the lower half of the airbox (air
filter housing) clips to.

You then run piping to a K&N cone filter located out front where it can
pick up bugs, stones and water.

Will it mean colder air and more power?  More air, likely - as the
restrictive preheat valve is no longer in the picture - and this is likely
more important.  Colder air does not necessarily mean more power with CIS
and CIS-E because they are not able to factor air temperature (and
therefor air density into the equation) to adjust the amount of fuel
accordingly (not some CIS WUR's have atmosphjeric ports for high altitude
compensation.)   However, cooler air from the front of the car is better
than hot air from the engine compartment, which is my a mod like this is
superior to a swiss-cheesed airbox.

Drew