Tech Help - Fuel Pump & water?

Okay,

I have decided it is time to add water injection to the '86 roc.  As always
I am looking to do it cheaper than buying it preasebmled :)

SO, I have sourced the jets, etc that I want.  I am now looking at pumps.
I figure a A1 fuel pump handles a fair amount of pressure. Would be great
and i have a few spares :)

BUT, does anyone know what they make the internals out of?  I am hoping
stainless, but for some reason I have a suspicion I am out of luck there.
What I need is to know how well the pump would handle pumping water instead
of fuel.

I guess to keep it cheap I could put a filter on the end and when it starts
to spew rust I could replace it...

Cory Langford
'78 G60 MK1 - The Newest Project (and current Daily Driver)
'86 turbo project - The Next daily driver?
'65 Ghia - The next project in the garage
'79 Cheap Ass turbo daily driver - RIP