5th gear lockout?

On 2/8/04 6:18 PM, "Dan Smith" <sad_rocc@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Saw this ebay ad:
> <http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6060&item=2
> 459249630>
> and they mention that 5th gear no longer works but that's okay because they
> use the '5th gear lockout' function. Huh? Does such a thing exist or are these
> people just confused? The only 5th gear lockout I remember on my 88 16v was
> gears 1 through 4.
>
> Dan

$1200?  Looks pretty rough.  Even though those aren't the highest quality
digipix, that paint looks darn oxidied, and it looks to me like there is a
rust stain on the passenger's side where the fender flare meets the skirt.

Not to mention that "cosmetic damage" in the front.

| Jim Jarrett,Rochester NY      '93 Passat GLX, '84 Scirocco    |
| mailto:jarrett@rpa.net         '81 Rabbit Convertible 16v     |