name this audi

Interesting that the RS6 has double the hp and torque, but is only .8 seconds faster down the strip. Must weigh a ton.

Dan

Kent McLean <kentmclean@mindspring.com> wrote:
"L F" wrote:
> Leave a note on the lady's windshield and ask her.
> (I say lady because real men don't drive Audis)

Call me a lady, but I would *love* an urS (original 92-94 S4):
2.2L 20-valve I-5 turbo
Horsepower (SAE Net): 227 @ 5900 rpm
Torque: 258 @ 1950 rpm
0-60 mph (0-100 kmh): 6.2 sec.
1/4 Mile: 14.9 sec.
Top estimated speed: 130 mph (electronically limited)
quattro AWD for when the weather turns nasty.
With some tuning, you can easily bring the HP over 300.

If I hit the lottery, then it'll be a new RS6:
4.2L Twin Turbo V8
Horsepower (SAE Net): 460 horsepower @ 5700-6400 rpm
Torque: 415 lb-ft @ 1950rpm (560 Nm @ 1,950 to 5,600 rpm)
0-62 mph (0-100 kmh): 4.9 sec. (manufacturer's claim)
1/4 Mile: 14.1 sec.
Top speed: 250 km/h (Electronically governed)
also quattro AWD for when the weather turns nasty.

For your browsing pleasure:
http://www.s-cars.org

Cheers,
Kent