question about deluxe and more

That sounds perfectly correct, as far as VWs that were available here
anyway.  VW is the worlds largest car company, and has plants everywhere.
Hell, the rabbit and the rabbit pickup are still made to this day in South
Africa!

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

79 VW Iltis
81 Rabbit Truck 2.0 16v
81 Scirocco S (TDI Swap project)
90 Corrado TDI
91 Cabriolet (2.0 Crossflow swap project)