Curb! Thunk! Damn everything got brighter!

Well, Over the last three years, I've done a lot of things to the electrical
system to help the electrons do their job.  And for a good while I thought I
had done just about everything I could do and was happy with the outcome.
However, tonight, I found that I missed something somewhere and that I
shouldn't have settled.

I was at a Monthly VW GTG that some Atlanta dub owners have.  This isn't a
real club, just a bunch of people with Dubs and Audi's that like to get
together and check out stuff and chat (had 3 other members of the .org crew
representing besides myself).  Only now we do it in 30 degree weather and
20mph winds (sick aren't we).  So after after an hour and a half we all
deside to stop freezing and leave.  So I'm pulling outta the parking lot and
I wasn't paying attention to the fact that my right front tire was actually
going to drop from the curb to the road, so thats what happened.  So the
thunk schocks the hell outta me cause I wasn't expecting it, my foot gets
slammed on the throttle, the road is wet so I do a burn out as I cross 4
lanes of inner city highway (luckly there was virtually no traffic).  It was
pretty damn cool now that I think about it.  Anyway, I get about 10 miles
down the road and I notice that there is a really bright light coming from
the lower right side of my center console.  I look over and find it's my oil
temp guage.  What is normalled a slightly dim yellow light is now bright
freaking white.  I also notice that my headlights are brighter (Euro's with
H4's) and my speedo cluster is easier to read.  Hot damn the car fixed
something on it's own!

Now it's really bugging the hell outta me cause I thought I had found all my
issues and I'm worried that this won't last.  So pretty much as soon as I
finish my wifes cabby project, I'll be tearing into the electrical system
once again to try and find what I might have missed.

William Snyder

88' Scirocco 16v
89' Cabriolet 8v
71' Karmann Ghia