..and the saga continues (rain+fuses)

At 08:59 PM 2/2/04 -0800, miT wrote:

>Welp, a bad storm has just hit Southern California and I went ahead and
>bought some fuses to replace the supposed "blown fuse" for my wipers. When I
>went under the dash where there is a convenient fuse tray + fuse diagram but
>I went ahead and used my Cabriolet diagram I received off the cabby list (
>HYPERLINK
>"http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~kaw5/electrical.htm"http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~kaw5/
>electrical.htm ). Now i think he wrote it wrong, it says 150 Amp, but I
>don't believe that even exists on a fuse board. So I grabbed a 15 (it
>matched with the read wiper fuse) and threw it in. It worked, but on the way
>home I noticed that there was a clicking noise coming from the fuse box
>every time the wiper would engage. Is there something wrong? I don't want my
>car burning down because I used the wrong fuse or something even worse.

You are right, it's definitely not 150 amp.  As far the noise that is just
the relay
clicking-totally normal(no matter what kind of car/truck you drive.

>I've also noticed that everyone else's 1988 rocco has a sunroof and/or
>electric windows. Mine has neither, but has power mirrors. I makes me think
>im not really driving an '88 but something totally older. Is there a place
>where i can check my car type, engine, accessories, ect. ?

No, it has nothing to do with age, just options that were ordered by the
owner or
dealer.  A sunroof and electric windows are options, not standard
equipment.  I had
an '87 like that too, just the basic car.

>Thanks guys, you've helped me a lot so far.
>

>/miT
>
>__________
>
>'85 Cabriolet
>
>'88 Scirocco 16v
>
>[SoCal.Tribe]

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

'98 Dakota 4x4-
'86 Scirocco 8V-
'81 Scirocco 2.0 16V -
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic,  4 speed.
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe- Where the hell is the Freakin' snow?????