FS: most killer gauges (not mine)

I know what my 86 US spec 8V did after break-in on the Autobahn, cruise
control on, downhill.
Have any of you ever seen 140mph (or more) indicated on a stock US spec 16V
Scirocco?
Not trying to start a speed contest, since some custom larger/turbo engines
might certainly exceed 140. And, I'm not asking anyone to try it.
Just curious.