Good vibrations?

Rattling at idle is usually the Passenger side mount.  Being you replaced it did you make sure it was adjusted correctly.  I beleive that it is offset and has to be installed at the correct position.  TT says you can do a quick test by jacking the engine up slightly on that side and start the car if the rattiling goes away thats you culprit.  HTH

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: Chad Eatock <ceatock@sympatico.ca>
Sent: Feb 1, 2004 5:24 PM
To: scirocco list <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Subject: Good vibrations?

While driving 130Kph, the rocc sounds different than 120Kph,  why is this?  Is there a vibration in the motor, gears or what?
I just replaced all but one motor mount, the drivers side mount, and the car still rattles like crazy at an idle....could that drivers side mount be the culprit?
Chadsters 16v