Shifter problem

All new shifter bushings (Potter or Missinglinz) and a careful adjustment should put you in Shifter City.

Larry
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Derrick flo
  To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2004 11:37 AM
  Subject: Shifter problem

  I have a 87 scirocco and its Hard as hell getting it into first gear.  I have to jam it over and up to get it in there.  does anyone know what the problem might be?
  All the other gears shifts work perfect just 1st gear.  I was thinking about getting a missinglinkz kit but I don't know if it will solve the problem.

  ---