My steering wheel grew...

> mold.
 I open the door and the steering wheel has white/green
> growths on it. It isn't a full sheet of mold but give it another month
> and it probably will be.

You're seeing the fruiting bodies, they will be shedding spores, which
will grow into more of the same. But what you see is akin to the tip of
the iceberg, there's way more inside the wheel than on the surface. So you
can kill off what's growing there now, but the real question is: what can
you do to make growing conditions less favorable. If you can provide
ventilation without adding more moisture, it may help. And don't close the
car up with wet carpets, that sort of thing. My son's Jetta got moldy
sitting in  the same garage with four other cars that didn't. Why just
that one? I think his carpets were wet.

>Cathy
1999 TDI New Beetle
1987 2L 16V Scirocco
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V
"Deja moo- the feeling you've heard this bull before"