David Marshall's pages

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of T Berk
Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2004 2:39 AM
Cc: Scirocco list
Subject: Re: David Marshall's pages

David Utley wrote:
<snip>

> Returning to David's situation, I thought .orgs were for non-profit
organizations, is that not true?  Last I knew, VW was in it for profit even
if it was a negative this year...

> David

Well, that's the point. Once they get 9/10's of the Law on their side
you'd be hard pressed to get your domain back.

I can see the point of going after someone registering a domain with the
idea of confusing the public, or to squat on it and hope to make big
bucks getting bought out, but to be engaged in something with no
monetary activity whatsoever and have the 900 lbs Gorilla sit on you is
an abuse of power and position.

otoh, the great big machine that is a global business thinks in terms of
cut throat win or loose, to allow someone else to own your name & brand
seems unacceptable to them. Still, it would be better to turn a blind
eye to those that got a favorable evaluation, good will and all that. As
it is now they left a bathtub ring, a sour taste in the mouth so to speak.

TBerk

I agree.  I am pretty tired of VWs approach to things at the moment.  I am
happy that they have a new boss, I think he will do many good things for VW.
Fact is, it may be as many as three more years from now before we really
begin to see the benefits of it...  :(

David