From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Kervin Ridgley
Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2004 10:47 PM
To: Michael Abatzis
Cc: scirocco.org
Subject: Re: new car: what should i get?

Sorry about your car and I'm glad you are ok.

The M3 is a really cold blooded car.  I mean, the current model run
poorly when cold, so if you take a bunch of short trips, it's not too
fun.  From the way you talked about the condition of the roads where
you live, that M3 ride is rough!  OK, that's most of the bad.  The car
is intoxicating to drive.  Make sure you buy a radar detector.  A
third gear red line shift put you in the jail-time-speeding-ticket
range.

One other car to look at, for me, would be a C coupe from Mercedes.
It's like a modern scirocco.  Fun to drive, hatchback, giant sun roof.
 They have two engines.  A supercharged 1.8 and a NA 3.2l v6.  Not
many were sold in the US.  If you want, look on mbusa.com under used
cars and you can do a search.