David Marshall's pages

I remember when that happened.  There were about 20-30 VW enthusiast
websites that got taken down by VW in the course of about 2 months.  Most of
them just received cease and desist letters from VW about how they were
attempting to trade on VW's reputation and essentially steal from them.  No
one could understand how enthusiast sites could possibly harm the business
of VW - they would only boost it.  Then VW threatened their ISP's if they
didn't comply.  Didn't take long for them all to disappear.