accident update, paint questions

I would make it clear to the insurance rep that I would only accept a repair
to the car, and not the car to be totalled.

I'd clean the car so it looks as good as possible.

I would dig into my paperwork as many receipts as I could find.

I'd never accept a "We'll call you (eventually)" kind of an answer.

I'get the rep to commit to something. "Ok to call you back tomorrow
afternoon Mr Rep?".

Polite , diplomatic and firm harassment until I'd be reasonnably satisfied.
It still is a used car, but a rare and clean one.

And don't be too worried about the paint curing for a month. It should be ok
within 24 hours.

You can probably bend the rad support back into shape, or get a new one
welded in, have the hood replaced, and get the car back into shape easily.

Cheers.

Marc
'83 Scirocco
'97 A4 Q