(Slightly OT) Golf TDI vs. Jeep Liberty

Didn't Brad just buy that TDI like last month or so?

2 scirocco's, and 1 golf, I'm not sure if I even want to leave the house in my gti.

It's as if someone has called "open season" on vw's.

Tonee

Daun Yeagley <vwdaun@yahoo.com> wrote:
It looks like it's our turn to hassle with insurance
companies.

Brad left for work this morning but only got a couple miles
from the house - a moron in a Jeep Liberty ran the stop
sign coming out of the road that the Ramada Plaza hotel is
on. (Cincy-goers will know where I'm talking about.) Spun
Brad & the '04 Golf into the McDonald's front yard across
the street. Thankfully nobody except the cars were hurt,
there were a couple witnesses that backed up Brad's story
(the other driver lied bigtime) and there were two cops AT
the gas station that had just finished cleaning up another
wreck in nearly the same spot.

The Liberty driver was cited. Insurance is slightly up in
the air - he claims he has Safe Auto (oh great) but that he
"just got it" and didn't have proof. (The cop put down
"none" on the ticket.) So, Brad's finally on his way to do
5 minutes of work, (pronounce a server DOA for a customer)
and I'm playing hooky the rest of the day in order to try
and get SOME other car on the road as I really only have
the Passat drivable and he's got it now.

So much for my plans of keeping the 'rocs mostly salt-free
this year, at least for the moment. :)

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'77, '81 S, '85, '86 & '88 16v Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
"My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain. That's not the scary part. What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen