16V Cam Sets & Idle Characteristics

The more aggressive cam sets for the 16V list rough idle, on fuel
injected cars, as a side effect.  Other than switching to carbs or MS
type management does anyone know of a solution to the idle problem?  Is
it vacuum related or is the fuel current signal causing the poor idle?
Does a larger, i.e. 50 mm intake help or hurt the problem?  Lightened
flywheels help/hurt the problem?
Finally, anyone with different cam sets want to comment on how bad the
idle is?  The worst idling car I have ever driven is my brother's built
to the hill 69 Chevelle 454.
Rick.