[tech] radiator stop-leak (is it worth it)

Kervin Ridgley wrote:
> I just saw a Mythbusters and a raw egg worked as well as stop leak.

I understand old school guys used to put ground coffee in as a short
term fix to get you home.

As for BARS and such (there is even a product known as Liquid Glass-
it's a silicate that is hard on the water pump but can seal leaky head
gaskets) I wouldn't put them in a car I loved but in a pinch they are
effective.

I have found they are _not_ a long term fix, you need to put an V8's
worth in a four banger and if the instructions say 1st drain the coolant
out and apply with just water, do so.

When the time comes to get the old crap out it'll be fun  too.

TBerk