[tech] radiator stop-leak (is it worth it)

   of course, the subject line asks the question. i tried a stop-leak a
while ago (powdered form) but don't recall it helping a whole lot.
perhaps i didnt follow the instructions properly (?) or maybe it just
wasn't a quality product.
   the second part, though, it that i'm not having a problem with my
radiator, per se, by rather with the heater core. apparently it decided
that it just could hold it any longer. the leak isn't too bad (yet) but
this is the onset of winter. i was wondering if stop-leak would rememdy
this problem also. i do place on replacing the core when the weather is
better and can find the time. if i do attempt the stop-leak i would
flush out my system after the new core was installed.
   anyone have any positive experience with heater core pluggage and/or
stop leak? thanx.

--
  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com