Super Heavy Duty Axles

> From: David Winchell <xavsbud@gmail.com>
> Date: 2004/12/16 Thu AM 08:39:31 EST

> I hadn't heard of anyone snapping a CV from off the line torque or
> ortherwise.

> Dave

Believe it or not, I did this once when I was learning to drive my 1st GTI, prolly back in '95 or so.  I was trying to be cheekey, someone was trying to race me.  I lugged it off the line when the fella announced his intention, so I -jammed- it into first and mashed on it...  I don't think there was but three balls left in the CV by the time I pulled over.  Kabloooie!  Now, I am sure that it was prooly weak, and my driving skills were most certainly to blame for the failure....  BUT, I mention it only to add to the mix that -is- the list...

David

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson