Brutalized by a Dodge! -- need advice

I had to tangle with American Family about mine.  I ended up going
through my own insurance (State Farm) and they subragated it back to
American Family (Took them a year to get their money) but I got paid
up front.  That was without some struggles as well.  Initially My
insurance company totaled my car at $2200 ( I had over $8000 invested
into it).  So I took it to an appraiser and for $90 it was appraised
at over $4000.00  Using this I convinced my insurance company to pay
me the total cost of repair at$3800 and total my car but I get to keep
the car.  I must have had at least 6 of their apprassiers look at my
car, none of them know what the hell they are doing.  Get it inspected
and appraised by someone you trust and you will have much better luck
getting back a "fair" amount.

HTH