Brutalized by a Dodge! -- need advice

T. Reed wrote:
> Dang it.
> I've put a lot of money and hours in to this car.
>

> So I'm asking the list.. what should I do?

Sorry to hear that too.

That will get totalled.  When I wrecked my 1983 MkII back in 1993, I
t-boned a brand new Lincoln Town car after a jacked-up primered Suburban
waved him through for a left turn not seeing my low-mobile in the right
lane and it was totally his fault. My whole nose was bent down but his
rear doors and quarters were goodly fucked because he had to buy a
traffic signal as well. (aside to Jeff: southbound Cretin @ Summit)

In the end, I had to spend several hours over several days on the phone
with his agent complaining that $1400 was just not enough.  Though I
hadn't done many under the hood mods, I had the rockers replaced and
kept it looking very sharp.  They said cosmetic/body work was the only
way it could be 'above book' or whatever and I may have faxed some
receipts to them for a few hondo of that work. Eventually, they gave me
$2800 less $100 to keep the car and title so I bought an A2 GTI and put
the seats in it.  Later that JH lived in a 1978 Bunny.  But I digress...

The euro lights may well count as valid cosmetic mods unless they are
illegal.  Get it inspected by them and estimated on your own and then
act like the Russian police with them on the phone:  stern, but fair.
Don't be afraid to politely end any talks with "I'll have to think about
it." After you get your check, I would guess you may be able to get it
fixed for around $1000 but not with the windshield out.  Skip that.  Is
that part bent?

Good luck and don't commit to anything that isn't a check and getting to
keep the car too soon.