Brutalized by a Dodge! -- need advice

--- "T. Reed" <treed2@wsu.edu> wrote:

> Crunch.
>
> Here's the damage:
> http://www.wsu.edu/~treed2/pic1.jpg
> http://www.wsu.edu/~treed2/pic2.jpg

Awww man, that sux.  Sorry to hear about it.

> I haven't filed a claim yet, but I will soon.

Do it first thing this morning.

> I don't know how much all that stuff is going to cost,
> but I really hope
> it's not enough to total my car.

Don't worry, it will be.  And you will have to fight the
insurance company.  I would scrape together every receipt
you can find for what's been done to the car, and actually
hope that they do send a damage inspector out - it may help
you.  (Just clean the car up REALLY well before he gets
there - wash / vacuum etc - a clean car gives the
appearance of being worth more.)

> I guess I need to go find some body shops that can
> prepare estimates for
> me. I don't know whether to go to good shops or cheap
> shops (obviously,
> good, but they might just decide to total it if the quote
> is too high,
> right?)

Go to both.  Get several quotes.  And get ready for an
outrageous number and the aforementioned fight with the
insurance company.

Keep us informed, and good luck.

=====
Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'77, '81 S, '85, '86 & '88 16v Sciroccos, '96 Passat GLX Wagon, '56 Cessna 172
"My rabbit has a human foot on his keychain.  That's not the scary part.  What I wanna know is what those keys are for." - The Four Postmen