195/50/15... Recommendations for air pressure front andrear?

> From: T Berk <tberk@sbcglobal.net>
> Date: 2004/12/15 Wed PM 05:20:14 EST

> While I can understand many reduce the pressure for things like
> Autocross (or some misguided attempt at increasing ride comfort <snort>)
> I would recommend a higher cold temp pressure than the low thirties in a
> modern tire.
>
> Can you relate, for the list, exactly what Kumho Ecstas model # these
> are? When I go look them up I see at least three or four different
> kinds. Also, what is the Max PSI figure on the sidewall?

It would be these 'ere...

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=ECSTA+Supra+712&partnum=95VR5ES712&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes

And I am not too sure about the max pressure on the wall, but I would gamble it is 45 or better.

> (Three of the four on Tire Rack are rated @ 44 psi Max, the fourth is
> rated @ 51 psi Max.)
>
> I say you should take this into account, in addition to the figures for
> tire pressure given for the original stock Scirocco tires- which were
> initially developed 'how many decades ago?'

I had 185/60/14 on it before, and ran these pressures.  I agree the dynamic would have to be different and therefore the pressure should be higher which brings us to the question at hand.  I was hoping for some experience as to what was good without too much added wear.

Thanks for the tips so far, please keep 'em coming...

David

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson