Gas tank / exhaust.

We just dropped our gas tank last night from the '81S.

Going to send it out tomorrow for cleanup/testing, hopefully
its not too bad for repair.

Then time to clean up the fuel lines.  The accumulator and lines
really get a lot of road dirt on them.

The axle really dropped down nicely, left the top struts mounted and
just lowered the axle with a jack till the tank cleared.

Thinking of changing the exhaust to a small tunnel muffler and have
the exhaust come out just before the drivers rear tire.
(no stacks, but maybe some side pipes:) )

One benefit would be to lose some weight and also to solve my clearance
problem going over the rear beam.

Anyone done that?  How did it work out?

Thoughts anyone...
Cheers