From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org]On Behalf Of Parker Wulf
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 11:50 AM
To: list; amalventano1@tds.net
Subject: Re: clutch issue

Yep thats what it soulds like. :(
I had one of those rivets go that hold one of the straps on, shifting
did not feel the same for about a hour. Later then a strap snaped,
sounded like the motor was going to blow! so i only had one strap
holding the pressure plate together (not good if you have a lightned
flywheel, straps chew the shit outta your bell houseing). I was amazed
that the clutch still worked (not worth a shit though)!

I now have one of those heavy duty pp that has 9 straps (3-3-3) and
bolts insted of rivets.

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 12:28:43 -0500, Allyn <amalventano1@tds.net> wrote:
> ok, need some backup from the list on this one.
>
> just the other day i was all warm and fuzzy inside as the rieger rolled
> 210k. then in true scirocco fashion something broke - 5 minutes later as a
> matter of fact. after stopping at the bank, i noticed that the rieger
> suddenly would not fully disengage the clutch. i still get full clutch
> travel, and the pedal force seems unchanged. looking under the hood, the
> clutch arm on the tranny appears to be getting full motion, but with the
> pedal at the floor, the clutch only barely reaches the friction point.
there
> is no change in cable slack (its about 1/8" worth, as before). Cheapass
Ron