Any Cure for Tires that have sat around?

I have a set of tires that have been on a parked car for about a year
now.  I keep the pressure up and move the car around to different
locations in the garage (just backwards and forwards) now and then
however; I am concerned that they have sat for a while.  The tires are a
set of descent Goodyears and would like to keep them however; as an
aside, I am not too excited about the VW 'Bottle Cap' alloy wheels.

I have heard that a long run at higher speeds will cure any flat spots
that may have developed, any comments?

Thanks, Rick.