mk1 tachometer getting wacky

In a message dated 12/3/04 11:46:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
pilotlars@yahoo.com writes:
when I changed my
> transmission from a 4spd to
> 5spd, I have tried 3 different speedo cable ends but
> cannot get my speedo
> accurate.  Thanks for any help. Michael
I appreciate the replies on the speedo cable, I'll let you know if I figure
it out.  But what about the jumping tach needle, any ideas, maybe a common
faulty unlocatable wire connector or cleaning a fratastat diode inside the head?
Maybe I should rev the engine a lot and jostle the needle into a state of
submission consider the consequences of it's actions. Don't make me stop this car!
I'm kidding. Michael