From: "David Utley" <fahrvegnugen@cox.net>
To: "Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com>; "Edward Effinger" <Eeffinger@conestogac.on.ca>;
<scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: Re: What I learned today: Mk1 - new sway bar

> > From: "Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com>
> > Date: 2004/12/03 Fri AM 11:21:07 EST
> > To: <fahrvegnugen@cox.net>,  "Edward Effinger" <Eeffinger@conestogac.on.ca>,
> >         <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
> > Subject: Re: Re: What I learned today:  Mk1 - new sway bar
> >
> > I suspect that the pickups probably had a pretty high rear spring rate due to their need for
decent
> > load carrying capacity.
> > The high rear spring rate would give it a high rear roll stiffness and a front bar would be
required
> > to balance the front/rear roll stiffness for balanced handling.
> > A GTI or Scirocco wouldn't have the abnormally high rear spring rate relative to the front rate
so
> > would need both bars to maintain balance.
> > (unless you're a Shine racing devotee! and they get the balance with a relatively high front
spring
> > rate and no front bar)
> > Dan
>
> Do you care to elucidate where the word ---may--- appears in your original note, there, Mr.
Wobbler?  The word 'may' is small enough for my keen sense of continuity, however I do believe it
may have slipped your engineers' prowess.  After all, if engineers were expected to be wordsmiths
then we would all understand the instructions and fucntions of Windows...  But I digress...  Please
explain, Dan...  :-P - - -